Although we get perks from our accommodation partners because of this blog, there are some instances when I need to get accommodations on my own—like when hotels are running full, when it’s a sudden trip, or when we decide to extend a few more days in a city. In one of these occasions did I stumble upon HotelQuickly, which has been making the rounds on the internet for its cheap, same-night rates for hotels across Asia-Pacific. Having used the app for some time now, I came up with five instances when the app is particularly useful.
1. Delayed or canceled flights. Delayed and canceled flights are common, especially in the Philippines, and unfortunately, airlines usually assume no liability when the cause of inconvenience is beyond their control. It’s hard to be stuck in some city late at night with limited transportation options, so it’s most prudent to just take shelter at a hotel near the airport. Good thing, HotelQuickly has airport hotels in different cities at affordable rates. Like one time, my flight from Chiang Mai got delayed to almost midnight, and Hotel Quickly got me a nice three-star Best Western hotel few meters from Bangkok’s airport rail station for only 688 PHP.
2. Sudden getaways. Feeling spontaneous one Saturday morning? Sudden getaways, whether as far as Cebu or as near as Tagaytay, are always exciting, and HotelQuickly can be used to book a range of hotels for the same night in cities inside and outside the Philippines.
3. Staycations in the city. With Manila becoming more stressful by the day, staycations are more and more a millennial necessity. For us here in Metro Manila, HotelQuickly has a number of hotels for a fraction of their rates. For instance, I needed a nice room near the house to get a lot work done, so I was able to book Palm Rock Residences in Makati for only 1000 PHP a night.
4. Surprise visitors. A friend is coming along, but the house is a mess—or worse, a dump. Or say, the number of guests are too many to fit in your matchbox-sized apartment. Or simply, you just don’t want having someone over at that time. HotelQucikly can help in these awkward situations, and it won’t cost too much to book a bed elsewhere.
5. Night outs that are too fun. There really are some night outs when we have too much fun, becoming too inebriated to the point that it’s impossible to go home and driving becomes life-threatening. This becomes harder when one’s house is a hundred miles from the city. HotelQuickly can be used to book a last minute room nearby to crash—or bring a hot date into—without hassle and without judgment.
WHAT IS HOTELQUICKLY
HotelQuickly is a leading last-minute hotel booking app for Asia-Pacific. Unlike other hotel booking engines, it offers rooms at 28% less on average than the typical prices found online. I’ve used the app a few times myself, and I’ve fallen in love with the design of the app, how easy a hotel can be booked, and most importantly, the attractive prices of the rooms.
They used to sell rooms only for the that night and the next, but they’ve recently expanded this to a seven-day, six-night window. This means that the app isn’t limited to same-night bookings anymore, and users of the app can now book hotels days in advance as well. Our friends at HotelQuickly assured me, however, that within the expanded booking window, users are still given the best, last minute rates.
HotelQuickly can be used to book hotels in Australia, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. The app is available on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry 10 platforms.
This weekend, knowing that people would be traveling by land and by air for All Saints’ Day, we decided to have a working staycation. I checked my app and looked for reasonably-priced deals and chose Red Planet Ortigas. For only a little more than 2500 PHP, we were able to book two nights, using my PayMaya Virtual VISA Prepaid to pay for the room. In merely a few seconds, our room was confirmed, and we called an Uber to take us to the hotel already.
While in the car, I compared the rate we got from HotelQuickly with some online travel agencies and the hotel’s booking website itself. Lo and behold, the total price we paid was cheaper by 353.54 PHP. The savings are real indeed!
GET 600 PHP OFF YOUR FIRST BOOKING
Want to try HotelQuickly? They’re giving away 600 PHP for the first booking, making the price of a lot of the hotels almost free or at a deep discount. Simply input the the promo code LLSTB before booking your first hotel, or click this link to redeem the discount now.