I’m not too much of an adrenaline-junkie, yet when I go to theme parks, I always scope out for its most thrilling rides to step out of my comfort zone once in a while. So when I revisited Ocean Park Hong Kong, I tried its most thrilling rides and ranked my top five. Read more…
1. The Flash. The feeling of a somersault simulated over and over caused me to feel a little nauseous, but being held upside down in the air for a few seconds was totally worth it.
Come take a spin, alone or with some brave friends, and get ready for the whirl of your life! Rising over 22 m high and shining like a comet, the Flash will whiz you around so fast, you are sure to see stars! This diabolical ride is capable of turning you around 360 degrees, at the dizzying top speed of 60 km/h! Combining the power to swing you full circle with a massive force of 3.9G while rotating you mercilessly in your seat, the Flash is guaranteed to push your body to its limit! Max yourself out on screaming, laughing and watching the world go by – if you’re not too busy clinging for dear life! The Flash will prove your bravery to anyone!
2. The Dragon. I found this most thrilling among Ocean Park Hong Kong’s roller , for it has a great combination of speed, twists, and turns.
Enter the Dragon – They say no one survives its wrath! Like its legendary namesake, nothing else twists and turns in Ocean Park more than this steel monster. With corkscrews and full 360° rotations to tear through at the speed of a hurricane, this attraction is a thrill seeker’s dream! No one escapes without the fright of their lives! Are you brave enough for the ultimate Hong Kong roller coaster experience? The Dragon beckons!
3. Hair Raiser. The ride that caused me to feel dizzy most, as it’s practically a roller coaster full of upside-down twists and loops, though it was exciting and unlike the other ones I’ve tried!
Hurtle, plunge and loop around with your legs in the air at a massive 4G, all the while suspended high above the South China Sea. The Hair Raiser is literally floorless, resulting in a faster, wilder and more exciting ride than ever before!
4. Mine Train. Though it’s not as exhilarating as Hair Raiser nor The Dragon, this roller coaster is my most favorite. The fear of falling towards the sea makes it a lot thrilling.
Experience Ocean Park’s craziest ride yet! Nothing runs as wildly in the West than this runaway Mine Train! Think you have what it takes to be a cowboy? Tether on the brink with only the sea beside you, and 85 metres of nothingness between you and the ground. Hurtle down one slope at breakneck speed – just in time to catch your breath over the next edge! Over half a kilometre of track awaits to take you screaming into the horizon and back!
5. Raging River. This may not be as thrilling as the others, but there’s this excitement of not knowing who’s going to get soaked!
You’ll never know what to expect on the Raging River! Every corner is a new adventure! Follow in the footsteps of old-time explorers as you climb into your log boat. Splash your way past calm channels, anticipating the wilderness beyond. Crash down rapids in your boat, navigating through narrow ravines, snaky slopes and chilling hairpin turns! Twist your way towards a spectacular vertical drop – and plunge into the mist below at a speed of over 58 km per hour!
How to get there: Ocean Park Hong Kong is accessible by foot after the Aberdeen Tunnel in Hong Kong Island; hence, any public bus that takes that route may be taken. Alternatively, there are dedicated buses that run from Admiralty MTR or from Central near the Star Ferry Terminal. For updates and more information about transport, check the website of Ocean Park Hong Kong here.