On my first time to Kuala Lumpur, I was clueless, helpless, and lost. But my trips are a lot easier now, thanks to a new tourist product called MYPass Malaysia Travel Companion, a collaborative innovation between Touch ‘n Go and Tourism Malaysia. Read more…
The MYPass is available for only 38 MYR (~520 PHP), and inside the packet is a specially-designed MYPass Touch ‘n Go contactless card, a thick booklet of discount vouchers, a travel guide, and a coupon for a Hotlink SIM with 5 MYR top-up.
WHY GET A MYPASS?
1. It’s preloaded with 10 MYR credit. With that amount, you can already use the trains at KL Sentral or take the buses to your hotel, in Bukit Bintang or Chinatown. Afterwards, you’d still have enough balance to take the KTM Komuter train to the famous Batu Caves.
2. It’s a Touch ‘n Go card. Touch ‘n Go is accepted not only in most public transport systems but also shops like Baskin Robbins and even toll highways. And backed by a very reputable company in Malaysia, the card has strong security features and robust aftersales support.
3. It provides more than 500 MYR worth of discounts. Inside the MYPass package is a booklet with a whole lot of discounts and freebies from partner establishments, including Airport Liner, SkyBus, Menara Kuala Lumpur (KL Tower), and Sanrio Hello Kitty Town in Johor. My favorites are the vouchers to Old Town White Coffee and Gelatissimo.
4. It comes with a voucher for a free Hotlink SIM with 5 MYR top-up. Hotlink is by Maxis, one of the leading telecoms in Malaysia. With the included 5 MYR top-up, you can already send SMS and make calls to Malaysia and the Philippines, as well as get a 100 MB data plan.
5. It can be used again up to two years after the last transaction. Unlike similar products in other countries, MYPass need not be returned and can therefore be kept as a souvenir. Even more, any unused amount in the card can be refunded without any fees at Touch ‘n Go Hubs in KLIA, LCCT, and KL Sentral.
For an example on how a tourist would fully use the MYPass in Kuala Lumpur and beyond, here’s an illustration our friends from Touch ‘n Go have come up:
The MyPass Malaysia Travel Companion is available at Touch ‘n Go Hubs in KLIA, LCCT, and KL Sentral, as well as other designated outlets. Check out www.mypass.com.my for more details. Read about our first-hand experience on a day out with MYPass over at this link.
RELATED POST: Twelve Kuala Lumpur Experiences with MYPass
Next year will be Visit Malaysia Year 2014 with the theme, “Celebrating 1Malaysia Truly Asia.” Visitors can expect a series of year-long special events and activities. For more updates on VMY 2014, check out tourism.gov.my and like Tara Na Sa Malaysia on Facebook.